Today is a good place to be.

Monday, January 19, 2009

When will this baby pop out?

We had quite the weekend of baby preparations. My most favorite questions from my kids are about the baby "popping out". I think its absolutely adorable they have chosen this phrase.

Saturday we went to the Big Brother, Big Sister class at Providence St. V's. The kids were a bit shy at first. Leila brought a doll, and Nathan brought his monkey. They learned how to properly hold a baby(That is not by the ear or toe or hair). They learned they need to wash their hands before holding the baby- and to help them know how long they need to wash hands they simply need to sing "Happy Birthday" to the baby. After snack, a story, and looking at pictures of themselves when they were babies they did a craft and received a certificate. Then we headed off to Carina's 3rd Birthday Party at Chuck-E-Cheeses.



CEC is a very fun place for kids. But strangely I know very few kids who are not terrified of the big mouse. Carina kept herself off the play floor for a big part of the party in fear she might run into him. She finally warmed up to the occasion and we saw her on the Carousel several rides.

After the party we went over to Target where the kids picked out some special presents for their baby. And then we went shopping at Tamara's Garage. She had several items we had loaned her for baby Carina and a ton of clothes. Amazing how our small tiny babies seem to need so much stuff. Of course "need" isn't the right word, but you know what I mean.

My ankles were about 4 times their regular size. I felt like Lafe- one of the men I took care of while care giving. I would help him get up and get dressed in the morning and he had a bad case of edema. I couldn't tie one of his shoes and socks were a major pain to get on his feet were so big. I have old man feet. And my left foot is always bigger than my right. Who knows why. So we got home and I put them up and kept them up the rest of the night.

Jeremy and the Kids put together the crib! Yay! We will keep the crib in our room for the first few months and eventually move her out when I feel ready for the separation. The only problem is how to explain to Ms. Kitty Alli that this is not her crib. I am sure she will figure it out.






So, I received some diapers from some friends(THANKS Marcie and Took!). A few outfits from others(Christy, Amy, Mom, Tamara)- which is fun since I am defiantly not buying clothes, but new clothes are always a treat. I need to go thru the bags of clothes from Tamara to make sure I am set on the small stuff. I still need to get a few things I have loaned out from my sister. I still need to pack my bag for the hospital. I plan on getting most of this done this week and I think we will be ready!

I still have 4.5 weeks until my due date, which is plenty of time. I do generally go early by induction, but who knows what will happen this time. After this week I am hoping to be ready and calm so no matter when she comes, the stress levels will stay low for all of us. I am trying to get a walk in every day-- its been dry but cold. I personally would rather walk in the rain and have it be a bit warmer. Sunday we went up to Jenkins Estates and wandered thru their little forest. After I learn the status of my cervix at my Friday appointment I will look into some more natural methods to get my body ready. Castor Oil not being one of them. But I will try some others- I really want to meet this little girl. :o)

1 comment:

Tonya said...

No castor oil? Oh my that stuff is disgusting. I thought I would die the first time i tried it. It is what got me into regular contractions with Ivy, but I don't think i could ever down it again. My stomach is turning just thinking about it!