Today is a good place to be.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

37 weeks. Why does it seem so long?

Here I am, at 37 weeks. I am dilated. I am having contractions quite often. I am still pregnant. I haven't made much progress since the week before despite taking advantage of some home remedies. Does my body not know HOW to go into labor on its OWN? Is my womb so comfortable that Little Lady K doesn't want to exit? Maybe I am not pregnant-- this is just a strange tumor that moves and kicks and has been growing very quickly?

No, I think K just isn't quite cooked long enough. The size isn't a concern, she will be big enough for any mother to feel comfortable. We just want to make sure the brain and the lungs are developed so we can take her home with us when we go home(Leaving a baby in the NICU must be one of the worst things in the world). By the way, I have mentioned I am a candidate for an "elective induction"- they can not schedule me until the week before the baby is due. So---don't ask. I don't know exactly when she is coming yet. Its kinda like a normal pregnancy with this in the unknown! :o>

Last Saturday (1/24) we met Little Miss Carina and her Mamma Tamara at the zoo. It was cold! We even had some snow fleks(not flakes, but fleks). I was sure with all that walking I would go into labor. That night I did have painful contractions about 5 minutes apart for a few hours. I was exhausted and decided to go to sleep and would wake up with contractions that were strong enough to send me in. I didn't wake up due to strong contractions. I was a bit annoyed.

Nathan and I walked to pick up Leila at school on Thursday because walking is supposed to help bring on labor or at least the exercise is good for me-right? Since I was walking to bring on labor I decided we most definitely need to make the walk a little longer and hit DQ just in case this was last opportunity to eat before I went into labor. The walking did not put me into labor, BUT the PBP sure tasted out of this world.

I do think I am finally *ready* to have her. Her bag is packed. My bag is packed. Jeremy doesn't have a bag, but he will(I am sending him home at night. He needs to be there to ensure bedtime stays routine with the kids and I know he will sleep so much better in his own bed. The kids will sleep better with him home.). I can't wait to come home with another one of these:


Leila and her Mom and Dad

Nathan and his Mom and Dad
The weather has been beautifully sunny and a bit cold(except for Saturday when we saw snow up at the zoo). We also had some foggy days in there, but overall I love the sunny days. I am getting ready for spring as my crocuses were starting to pop out- but they seemed to have been eaten by some animal... not sure about that.

1 comment:

Breezy said...

I'm already feeling as anxious and excited as you and I'm still 10.5 weeks away! Anyway I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet your new little one. I am so grateful for this world of blogging so that I get to feel like I can keep up with what's going on. Let us know when she comes.