Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to Life

My darling husband is leaving me for work tommorrow. He made it to work during the "Artic Blast" almost every day, but last week the company was shut down, but he was required to work on Friday, which he did from home. I have enjoyed having him home with us. I was able to do what my Doctor told me to do: Lay on the couch and have everyone treat me like the queen of sheeba. He enjoyed being at home almost as much as I enjoyed having him here. He helped out a lot, but he really appreciated his time with our amazing children. Both of them are so special and have such a special relationship with thier Daddy. Leila has Jeremy wrapped around her little finger and enjoyed all the special treatment she got from him(piggy back rides upstairs, the sneaking of candy when Nate and I were in the other room). Nathan likes to challenge Daddy, but thanks to this week spent together as well as special father/son date I think Daddy understands Nathan a bit more and isn't quite so hard on him. But now Jeremy is off to work again and my ability to run upstairs to drop and take a nap the minute I feel the need won't be quite so easy.

SO, life is about to change.

Monday starts school again for Leila- she is more than thrilled. I have enjoyed having her home with me, but she loves her teacher so much that I am excited for her to see her again, as well as getting a short break and having my one on one time with my little man again.
Tuesday we are very lucky to have little man Joseph with us in the morning while my sister keeps on with her nursing pre-reqs. Nathan also has an eye doctor appointment that day.
Thursday we have a play date with my friend Zoe and her boys. The play date is for us moms, luckily our kids seem to get along really well.
Friday I have a doctor appointment.
I know I have a number of small mundane things to do and need to get a list started- should do that tonight just in case tommorrow is a rough morning. And without Jeremy to get up with Nathan who is my early riser, I am sure it won't be the easiest morning.
I know most moms are dealing with the same thing-- so good luck moms! I know I will need it. :o>

1 comment:

Took said...

Aren't husbands great? Reading of all you have to do makes me tired...and I'm not pregnant with my third! Hope Baby K is well. Can't wait to meet her.

love,
took