Today is a good place to be.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Baby Bumps

I wish I had a picture from last night and hope its a mental picture I will never forget: I was laying on my bed and my kids were trying to feel the baby kicking- one on each side of me- it was sweet to see their small hands on my growing tummy. Jeremy heard the joyous laughter when I made my tummy move and they thought it was the baby and soon his hand joined theirs. It was a very happy moment for us.

Our appointment went well on Friday- they couldn't see if my placenta had moved much and were happy with the decrease in spotting, but I am not on "bed rest" per say, but am supposed to take it very easy. The complications that can come up could end me up in a lot of trouble if I am not listening to my body and taking is easier than I probably want to. Its been a tough road for me, an emotional one. I know my baby is safe and sound, but having to limit myself for my health is not anything I have ever needed to do before. I have always been able to push myself thru my hard times. I am also very tired, which is likely from the anemia, and I can tell exactly when I need to lay down and often drop everything to do so.

Now, we were undecided on finding the gender of our baby. I finally decided I needed to know, but should we tell the kids? Thursday night before we put the kids down we told them they needed to go right to sleep because they were going to go to Christy's very early in the morning. Leila asked us why, even though she was thrilled to play with Elizabeth. I told her we were going to see the doctor to check on everything. Leila started crying: real crying, not the fake stuff she pulls. I pulled her into my arms and asked her what was going on and she told me she would miss me and didn't want me to be gone. I realized she was probably reflecting back to our ER trip when we pretty much ran out the door and she stayed with Grandma and Grandpa for the night and Aunt Amy's the next day. I think she was more traumatized then any of us realized. I told her it would be OK- we were going to make sure the baby was growing nice and healthy and everything was OK with mommy. She wasn't calming down. So I decided to let her know we would be finding out if our baby was a boy or girl. This made her very excited and helped stopped the tears.

So-- onto the fun stuff: Our baby was asleep and didn't want to wake up much for this little ultrasound. Our baby is around 12 oz(Our little can of coke, or root beer depending on your pleasure). We found out our baby is a GIRL! Yay! Everything else looked great. They couldn't see the heart well enough because she wouldn't move into the right position, being so sleepy and all, so we will go in again for another ultrasound, which we would need to go in anyway to check on my placenta.

Telling the kids is another fun story. See for yourself:




So as you see, Nathan wasn't thrilled, and Leila was more than thrilled. He cried for a full five minutes under our dinning room table after I stopped recording, and if we brought it up again he would just say no, it was not a girl. Silly boy. But Last night he told me he loved our baby sister. That change of heart happened faster than I thought it would! Jeremy and I like the name Kathryn, but exactly what she will be called is not clear. Nathan likes Koko, Leila likes Kiki, Jeremy likes Katie, and I like Kate. I think she will just have to come out let us know what she prefers.

Welcome little Girl. We Love You.

No comments: