Today is a good place to be.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Dermabond... cool

SO today when my sweet boy took a nose dive and the little black bench in our living room got in the way he ended up with a gash between his eyes just under 1/2 inch long. Poor baby. He doesn't even have long hair to cover it. It was quite deep and everytime he moved the muscles in his face it would open up and more blood would come out. EEEEK! What do I do? Call my mom of course. Then the advice nurse. I was able to get him in to see a doctor at his primary doctors clinic- our doctor doesn't do stitches on the face, but one of her associates does. They were great- they got us right in, the treated Nathan so well. When we drove up to the clinic he started crying realizing where we were. I told him to be strong and brave and it woudl be OK. Thru his tears he said: "I am strong and brave mommy. I just don't want to be here." How sweet and truthful. They decided dermabond would be acceptable in this situation- much better than stiches. Less of a scar will be there. He will be all healed up in 5 days- we just have to keep it dry for 2 days and make sure he doesn't pick at it. Oh and it can't be exposed to the sun for a full year-- good thing Nathan likes hats. My sweet boy is acting better than ever... running around, talking a mile a minute. He came home with a Wall-E sticker and a Hot Wheels Sticker. So he was happy.

My mom thank goodness was available to run over and get Leila from school, and also picked us up all frosty's- I knew I needed one after my crazy afternoon! Thanks Mom!

No comments: