Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Other September Activites

Since its highly likely we won't be going on any more adventures this month thanks to my "condition" I will take a moment to fill in the few things I haven't bloged about yet: On September 6th we went down to the Gilbert Museum in Salem. It was a fun activity to do with the kids, and free thanks to the Library Cultural Passes(Have I mentioned how much I love the library?). Check them out online and see the many many many activies for them to do-- it was a lot- almsot overwhelming. Surprisingly it was not very busy for the first saturday of the school year-- we loved that.































On September 8th we caught Ali in the act of some hunting. We aren't sure exactly what she was saying to the fly but it sure sounded sweet.





On September 13th we went up the Gorge for some hiking.
Then we headed out to the Bonneville Dam because Leila simply asked me what a salmon looked like(not the kind on your plate, she specified, but a living swimming salmon). What better opprotunity to show her than drive a few more miles to the Dam where we could see the fish ladders. I will reveal a very bad mommy thing about myself: My kids thought I was saying my favorite bad word, not the name of a destination. I found that kind of funny, but have changed my ways a little and they haven't heard it nearly as much as they are used to since then.






On September 20th the kids started swimming lessons. We had a reprieve from summer and I was anxious to get them both in the water. Nathan is not a water baby, and I am determined that he be one- he is afterall, my child. I love the water and grew up swimming and living the pool during the summers. Fun memories and I do believe you can have fun and that swimming is a vital skill for protection of self and family. Nathan is in a toddler and me class where mom or dad get to go in with him. I was so dissapointed that I couldn't do it thanks to my modified bed rest. I was watching from the sideline(You can't expect me to stay in bed all the time!) and was annoyed that Jeremy wasn't listening to the teacher, he wasn't making Nathan do what the other kids were doing, he was simply holding him and playing with him. It was about five minutes to the end of class I realized how great Jeremy was for Nathan. By the end of class Nathan was kicking and laughing(with 4 of his cars clutched in his hands). Jeremy was simply focused on Nathan and his comfort inthe water and I think he will be the perfect partner for Nate. Leila was feeding off of Nates' anxiety and cried before she got in the pool. It didn't take long for her to make friends and enjoy her teacher(She has a great big guy teaching her-I think he made her feel very secure). I sadly forgot my camera as we were trying to force two screaming kids out the door before we left. I simply told them they had a choice about swim lessons- go happily, or not. They chose not. But this Saturday they both promised not to cry now that they know what they have in store.

The rest of my days are spent trying to take it easy. We go in for an appointment on Friday- I will post an update this weekend about any news or changes to my situation. Thanks again to my sweet friends and family helping us thru this time-- its harder than I thought it would be, but it isn't forever. And I know what the end result will be, and that makes it worth it.

Here is a cute photo:

No comments: