Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Baby Update - Week 18


This week, week 18, little Baby C will be getting his or her ears "hooked" up to his or her brain. I have been telling the kids for weeks now they have to talk nicely and not yell as much around me because the baby will hear them and they will set a bad example before the baby is even born(No pressure on them huh?). I am glad I will no longer be a liar. The baby is also figuring out how to swallow this week too. He or she can make faces by now, fat is accumulating, and is making urine and reflexive muscle movements. By week 20 our baby will be around 1/2 foot long, and just over 1/2 pound. Most exciting, I have been feeling bumps from the inside on a nightly basis. WOW! My tummy is popping out and one might wonder if I am pregnant, but no one is brave enough to ask or comment on it yet.

We are still undecided on finding out the gender. We will have the opprotunity to find out at our next appointment in a few weeks. We orignally thought the surprise would be fun for everyone waiting for this little one to join us, but I now think I need to visualize my baby-- a little bundle of pink or a little bundle of blue would be so nice to think and day dream about. We have names already picked out for either one. The next thing will be if we decide to tell our kids or make them wait. If we make them wait, then sorry, our lips are sealed to the rest of you. I couldn't risk anyone else telling my chidlren about thier brother or sister before I do. So I will nicely ask all of you dear friends and family, please don't ask. We will share the news if we decide to, if not, I would prefer not to lie to those I sincerely care about, or be suspected a liar(not sure which is worse!).

No comments: