Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Two Weeks of Swim Lessons


I thought two weeks of swim lessons would be great for my kids- they would be able to advance and we would have stuff to do to keep us occupied the last few weeks of summer. I didn't think about ME having to get up EVERY SINGLE DAY to take them! I guess this is training for next week when school starts up.


We went to the Conestoga Swim Center vs. the Aloha Swim Center that is just a few blocks away. Conestoga has a kiddie pool and with my sons resistance to water I thought that big pool would be just too overwhelming for him. And I am glad I did that- the kids did good. Nathan advanced. Leila did not. But not by her own fault- she was too tall in the kiddie pool to work on everything, and kinda cheated by putting her feet down. Next time she needs to be in a school age class and in the big pool. Go figure.

By the way, both of my kids are very talented kickers. I think amazing was the word.

Oh- we ran into a life-guard Nazi- I disliked her for many reasons. I would be happy to tell you all about it.


My kids had great teachers- both very young. Nathan ran into a bit of trouble on one day when his beloved BOY teacher had a sub who was a GIRL. He screamed the entire time-- I was quite embarrassed. Luckily my friend Alesha was there with her kids and held Kathryn while I tried to deal with Nathan(At first he didn't want to swim. Then he did. The girl teacher after all owned a red "Herbie". Then the lifeguard Nazi came over to kick me out, then he got scared and didn't want to swim. But he really kind of did. Then he was just so conflicted the rest of the half hour that he screamed and cried and didn't know what to do with himself- Just one of the reasons that lifeguard has her nick-name).

Fun times....

1 comment:

Oyama Family said...

We LOVED that pool too! But somehow I think every conestoga class has at least one day of a sub...what's with that? I think it just screws with the kids...what are they thinking...oh well.