Today is a good place to be.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Feeding Babies

I love feeding babies. It has to be one of my favorite jobs as a mother. My other favorite job is bathing babies. And another favorite is kissing boo-boos. I rarely share these jobs with others- I keep them for myself much to my mothers/husbands/friends/childrens/sisters dismay. I am the mom. I get to pick what I am selfish about. I let you hold my babies when they sleep, so I save a few jobs for myself. Kathryn has been enjoying the bounty of the earth thanks to Gerber. I still have grand intentions of making her food- but so far its been easy enough to go down the baby food isle and just grab a few flavors. And she loves every flavor so far. Not as excited about prunes as she is about green beans. With the addition of two bottom teeth last week she has been enjoying biter biscuits(Its soooo cute to see her teeth marks in the bottom of the cracker!). She has fun sitting with us at the table and shooting the breeze with the rest of us. We all crack up at her faces and mannerisms. We love to see her lick her chops and ask for more.







5 comments:

Tonya said...

I love that she licks her chops! That's so sweet:0)

Christy said...

Soooo cute, Megan! I love feeding time too. Bathtime, though, I like leaving that one to someone else :)

Amy said...

Introducing solids was always an anxious time for me! Jake used to choke on every few bites, so it was not a fun time for me. Even with my other kids, I always felt so anxious for the first few feedings, when it seemed nothing would stay in the mouth, it all just kinda ran back out all over the place! I was always so happy when my babies could swallow well on their own!! I am glad you are enjoying the messy times and the clean up as well!!

Vixie said...

She is so cute!! I am with you in that feeding my baby is my job!! Very few other people get to feed my baby.

On the eating category, mine is not nearly the eater that yours seems to be. I have tried a few of the Gerber foods and she won't have anything to do with them. The other night I had a pint of pears that didn't seal, she loves them!! So after that I tried my canned peaches and she loves them too. So, she is skipping right over the baby food, but she seems to be doing okay. We'll just keep giving her what she eats. The ice cream at McDonalds is also a favorite!!

Oyama Family said...

You love bathtime?! We still do all three together so it can be a bit stressful. Although on those days it's just Graham I do love it...babies are just the sweetest ever, and who can beat a wet naked baby, you just want to squeeze them! You should put a longer video on here of K licking her lips...so cute!