Today is a good place to be.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Quick Update

So, Little Miss Kathryn came down with *ANOTHER* UTI this past weekend. I was able to take her in on Monday to get that checked out and talk to the doctor about her results from her VCUG and Ultrasound.

She has kidney reflux on both sides- the left is a level 4 out of 4. The right is a level 2. I set up an appointment for a urologists on Sept. 10th to have him take a looksee at her test results so we can make an action plan. We started her on antibiotics to clear up the current infection. Likely she will have to be on a low dose of antibiotics for a year or two and then they will reassess the issue and discuss any surgical needs. The dr. said she is likely to grow out of a 2, but probably not a 4. Poor baby. Its just not right.

She is in good spirits though, just only wanting to be with Momma. I appreciate all of my friends concern and prayers.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Poor little thing, and poor Mommy. It's always hard when things aren't totally perfect with our little ones. I hope all goes well! You'll be in our prayers.

Oyama Family said...

SOOO SAD! I just can't stand little tiny ones being sick! I hope you and her are okay and that lots of people are loving you two:> I wish I was there to take you kids for a bit for you to get a nap or something. I hope things trun out for her and that the urologist can help. I happen to know an AWESOME urologist if the one you have doesn't work out. Seriously, let me know, I did really appreciate the one i went to. Hope things look up for you!