Today is a good place to be.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Keeping Busy - Life with 2 Leila's!

With our out of country visitor we have been seeing the sights and having some fun! With a little baby who has had been sick most of the time, I am personally impressed by the amount of things we have been doing. I am mostly impressed because there were many days I wanted to just stay in my jammies, put on a "fast play" DVD downstairs while I cocooned myself in my own bed upstairs with the baby. For some reason I don't feel comfortable being my true lazy self when someone else is in my home. I have no trouble blogging it about, but someone actually seeing me like this...

We went to the zoo, celebrated the 4th of July, and headed down to Jeremy's parents home where Leila went fishing for the first time, and caught several Rainbow Trout.





We made use of the Cultural Passes at the library and went to most of the places they offer. The Japanese Gardens, Rose Gardens, and Washington Park was a lot of fun. We even went up to Council Crest and saw that the mountains were "out".







We(well, I stayed home with a sick baby) went to see the Gilbert House and Silver Falls. Leila loves children, and loves to play with children, so she had a blast at this Childrens Museum in Salem.


Our weekends were full of fun day trips. We spent one day at Tillamook, Pacific City, Oceanside. We were excited that we were there for the 100th Anniversary of the Tillamook cheese factory and were able to take a shuttle from the Blue Heron Cheese factory down to the TCF. We had lunch and ice cream of course. Yum.


Back in Portland we went to the Chinese Gardens with my Dad, using yet again a pass from the library.




















We spent a day bowling and hitting baseballs with Sister Martin and Sister Bennett- who are close to Leila's age and enjoyed visiting with her. Then that weekend we headed back out west up to Astoria, Ft. Stevens, Peter Iredale shipwreck.
















They had temple ground tours, so we took Leila there one Sunday evening and enjoyed our time together. Leila and I made it to the Portland Art Museum without the big kids(super fun in my opinion- thank you Christy). We spent a few afternoons at Grandma's swimming. We went up to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood, and enjoyed a non-view.

We also saw some movies, ate out several times, went to many area parks for fun and picnics. We hiked up the Columbia River Gorge, went to the Pittock Mansion with Amy and her kids. We kept ourselves so busy. Leila was very easy going and seemed to enjoy her time with us, and we really appreciated having her in our home.















We LOVE YOU Leila! And we miss you too!

2 comments:

Oyama Family said...

What a BUSY summer, and soo fun! Way to go momma, getting yourself going even with your sicklittle baby...you're awesome...can I come stay with you next summer and you take me all those places? J/K

Christy said...

Where do you get all your energy, Megan? I agree with Mandy, I want you to pretend I'm out here from Europe and you can take me to all these fun places too :) LOL Glad you guys had such a great time. What great memories you created for everyone!