Today is a good place to be.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Life is but a scream- really.

I have so much on my mind. Life is really crazy. I am holding this sweet wiggly baby who has again surprised me at how much more love my heart is capable of giving. She is growing too fast- but I am enjoying so much of it. We have her blessing scheduled for Sunday. I went against the norm of doing it on the first Sunday of the month and am doing it on Mother's day, mostly so I can have this special day/connection in my mind. I decided to make it all about me. :o) I am touched by how excited my friends and family are for her blessing. A baby is probably the best reason to celebrate and I am thankful for those joining in.

One of my best friends is in the hospital trying not to give birth to her twin girls that aren't due for another 9 weeks. She has to be one of the most amazing people I know. She feels she can not provide them the home they deserve and has decided to place them up for adoption. She is in great spirits and very happy she is giving them such a great start at life. But my heart breaks for her for her loss. I am grateful I can provide her support and love. She will need it.

Leila had her Kindergarten Orientation and "LOVED IT" even though she was very shy at first and Daddy had to walk her the classrooms where they played with the teachers and then went on a bus ride around the block. I was worried about the school we are putting her in. Its huge. k-8- abut 1000 students. But after talking with the principal, both Jeremy and I feel really good about it. We will apply to have Leila enrolled in the Spanish immersion classes. We think she will do really well. And considering she will be going full days, five days a week, I think she can use the extra challenge. This school also offers a pre-K class, so I have Nathan signed up for that. Its based on need and he will be assessed early June. It is free and transportation is provided- so we hope he gets in. That would really help us out a lot.

We had some disappointing news with some of the issues my Dad is dealing with. Much too complicated and personal to blog about. But I appreciate all the love, support and prayers offered on his behalf. I love my Dad. He is just an amazing person and I have been blessed to have him in my life.

There is a lot of good in our lives right now too. Good adds to the craziness, but is still good. I am feeling a lot better about my routines. I am enjoying my relationship with my husband. My children, while challenging, are happy and healthy. My husband is employed. We have a home. We can make ends meet. We are looking forward to a fun and busy summer with another visitor from Belgium(Leila Melignon- my host sister- will be staying with us for a month and a half- we will refer to her as "big Leila" and our Leila as "little Leila"). I have the best friends I could ever ask for. My sister is helping me be a better cook. Life is good.

No comments: