Today is a good place to be.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fun times- Mother's Day Edition

Mother's day was a fun day. I felt special and even got an award for being the most amazing mother ever. The award was a sticker I got to wear the rest of the day. Along with chocolate, I was given the most amazing gift that I want every year: A nap alone. :o)

Now this is what a call fun times- A day just for me, as a mom, a day we bless my sweet little baby, a day when all my sisters, a few friends, and their families come over to my house to hang out. I had fun and really enjoyed myself.







Leila was sincerely excited to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. As I was upstairs in my bed with the baby, kids watching a movie, I nursing a headache on Friday afternoon, Leila quietly came into the room with one of my big glasses full of water. She sang "Happy Mother's Day!" to me and told me she brought me some special juice. I smiled and thanked her. She went back downstairs. She came up and checked on me in about 10 minutes and asked me if I liked the "special juice". Yes, I replied, even though I had not had any. I asked her what she put in it. She said this: I put some water in it, and stirred. Then I added some salt. Then some brown sugar. Then I stirred it all up again. And then I put in a straw. I am glad you liked it Mommy!" How sweet-eeer-sweet and salty is that?

Kathryn had a sweet blessing at church, given by my sweet Dad. Afterwards we enjoyed brunch at our place. Thankfully the sun was out and we could make use of our outdoor living area as my house isn't really big enough to accommodate the extended family.
For dinner we had my choice of a yummy spinach salad ala costco. Well, Jeremy and I did. We decided dinner is about socialization no necessarily eating(We tell ourselves this when the kids aren't eating). So, we pulled out the high chair, and Kathryn joined us. She looks so small, but enjoys being with us at eye level.

No comments: