Today is a good place to be.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cultivate a Spirit of Happiness

"The way will be lighter, the worries will be fewer, the confrontations will be less difficult if we cultivate a spirit of happiness." Gordon B. Hinckley
I found this quote on a friends page- I am adding it to my page.

It made me think. Its not enough to fake it. Its not enough to just be. Cultivate means to work and spend time preparing, to foster growth, to refine or improve thru labor, care or study, or my favorite definition: to make friends with. Its not necessarily an easy thing to do, but I do agree if we are happy, and feel good in our hearts, life is easier. So, what better thing to cultivate than happiness?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy smiley babies help.

Anonymous said...

The baby blessing was very sweet on Sunday! :)

Jill said...

Thanks for the quote and your thoughts on it, it's nice and you're a wise woman. :)

brenda said...

This post is heart-warming.