Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sweet Gabe

Gabe is a special boy. He just turned 8! He is adorable, spirited and very smart. Right now he loves Lego's, but his original passion in life, CARS, is still up there, as you can tell at his house where at any given moment in any given room you can spot at least a dozen matchbox cars hanging around. He loves video games and at a very early age was able to play some games I could never get the hang of! Gabe is a great reader. When he was younger he and I would read together and I only needed to tell him what the word was once and he always remembered it.

Gabe was born on a sunny June day. My mom was assisting my sister, my husband was gone for the weekend(maybe at his parents house for fishing, I can't remember), so I hung out with my Dad that day. We had gone to the funeral of my friend that morning, then we stopped into the hospital. It was Fathers Day weekend, so I took Dad out to lunch. We had a grand time that day, stopped in the hospital a few more times before Gabe came, and I hung out with Dad at home until we got that call that a new Angel was born to our family. What a happy day. Gabe was tiny. He slept so sweetly. I loved holding him and I loved that Beth let me pop in so much. I stopped in the next day too. What a blessing a healthy baby and a safe delivery is.

Jeremy called him baby bocoo for his infant years. I am not exactly sure how he came up with it, but he did and it was fun to watch Jeremy hold such a tiny little baby- I think Gabe was the first baby he ever held and was able to watch grow up from such a young age.

Gabe is such an amazing boy. His mom is single, and is trying her very best to raise him right. Sadly his dad isn't around, and I feel very sorry for his dad to miss out on this wonderful boy. Gabe has a very strong relationship with his Grandma and Grandpa Frederick, and the love of his entire extended family. What a precious boy.

Here are so fun pictures of him over the years:










No comments: