Today is a good place to be.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Relay For Life- 25 Days to GO!

Update on Team Barrel of Monkeys:

Well, we aren't doing so good. We have only raised $105 so far.

The deal with having a family team is I do most of the work, and I am OK with that. I don't want to annoy or pressure my family to get out there and raise money. I sincerely appreciate the efforts they put in, and LOVE that they are with me during the event. I am sad if they have to miss it(we will miss Jacob and Richard this year). They have done this with me the past three years and the first year we all got quite involved, but I think it isn't as exciting as it was that first year. Teams that are put together at work, or thru other community groups tend to have a lot of fun and be very successful because they get new blood, new ideas, they all have families and other networks to hit up- Pluse this is a fun time for them to spend good time outside of their usual commitments to be together.

But I am determined to raise some good money and will be sending out some letters this week to ask for donations. Sending out letters is a good way to not directly ask for money, and not be rejected to you face. I will also ask on my blog for donations. You never have to admit to reading this entry if you don't want to donate- I will never ask you about it. If you do donate however, I will be very excited and very grateful.

If you donate and want a luminaria in the memory or honor of someone, please let me know and I will make sure they are with us on the track at 10 PM. I also want as many of you to attend this event if possible. Its a lot of fun, there will be constant entertainment, and you will be part of an amazing community with one goal in mind: Fight and Conquer Cancer! I believe we will find a cure in my lifetime, and that will be a wonderful day. It will be an honor to say I helped play a part in finding that cure.

Here is the link to my team- Donate! I Dare You!

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeGreatWestDivision?JServSessionIdr009=e4m9xtffd2.app313a&team_id=194464&pg=team&fr_id=5640

No comments: