Today is a good place to be.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Free Thought - QOTD 6/9/08


"A tremendous stream is flowing toward the ocean, carrying us all along with it; and though like straws and scraps of paper we may at times float aimlessly about, in the long run we are sure to join the Ocean of Life and Bliss." - Swami Vivekananda (QOTD 6/9/08)


Constant movement, constant change.

The water behind me churns and renews with every incoming wave.

This precious spot where earth meets water, today is were I find myself.

The water bathes my feet.

The sun warms my hair, neck, shoulders.

The wind caresses my cheek, arms, legs.

My heart is open and my mind is quiet.

How can beauty exist every day, whether or not I see it?

How does this rich vision and quiet reach my innermost soul?

How can I take this feeling and save it for the days when chaos fills my every moment?

I am very nervous posting this(very shy with my writing)-- I wrote it in the morning(6/9/08) after I read the QOTD in my writers forum when I first woke, and didn't post it here until now. Life just keeps going, doesn't it? Constantly moving and changing whether or not we think we are aware. Are we powerless to change our course? Can we try to sit back and enjoy the ride?

This quote made me think of my last visit to the coast. I always feel closer to myself at the beach. When I am stressed and upset, when I try to calm myself I try to picture myself standing at the point where earth meets water while the sun quietly bathes me, the ocean is so cold it almost hurts, but I feel good when I am there. I feel alive. I feel myself.

No comments: