Today is a good place to be.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Fun

This past weekend was a pretty low-key, but a very much fun weekend. Saturday morning (10/4/08)Jeremy took the kids to swimming without me and I stayed home to do a few things that needed to be done. After their class we went down to Sean and Kimberly's house in Silverton to celebrate their second sons 2nd birthday. Both Jeremy and I have know Sean and Kimberly for a very long time. We all worked together at MEI around 11 years ago. Kimberly and I started working together before that at Intel back in our very early 20's, and I referred her to the job at MEI. Both Kimberly and I found our men at this wonderful place called work. They were with us at our wedding and we have appreciated their friendship for a long time. They have two sweet boys about 16 months apart- and this was not a surprise for them. It has been fun watching them transition into family life. It suits them well. Now I just can't wait to have them move back to Portland area so we can see them more often(if anyone is interesting in buying a gorgeous home with an awesome game room, let me know and I can match you up!).
The party was fun and full of kid friendly activites and food(out of this world mac and cheez!). I was able to go maternity clothes shopping at Kimberly's Bin of Prego Clothes. Way cool- I borrowed some great things and won't need to buy much at all considering I do not need as much without the professional aspect of my life(work out of the home). My previous clothes didn't fit me so well since I have lost weight since then and honestly I look at these clothes and have no desire to wear them again. Some of them anyway! I even found $3 in one of the pockets, so all in all I made it out ahead! Thanks Kimberly!
That night we took it easy at home playing and reading and watching some Halloween movie on the Disney channel.
Sunday(10/5/08) we watched General Conference, the twice yearly meeting for all members to review church business, activities and hear instruction from other members and leaders. The kids weren't "into" it at first, so I had several crafts for them to work on during the two 2-hour sessions. Leila was very excited when the choir started singing a song she knew, and it melted both Jeremy's and my heart to hear her sing along while playing with her play dough. The best thing about conference is it gives us chance to take a little break while still being uplifted thru the talks and instruction from our church leaders. Its amazing to see the many people gathered in SLC, and knowing that broadcasts are available at almost every location in the world so any member can join and listen to the words. This is a nice reminder that the LDS church is so very big. Its quite comforting actually- so often I feel like a minority with my beliefs and have my defenses up without realizing it. In the past I have been treated poorly for being "different" and having my beliefs. I am always amazed that there are so many closed minded people out there in regards to religion and views on God. How can something so personal and precious to my heart be up for debate to anyone else? I do not push my beliefs on anyone or tell people they are wrong if they believe something else(Although I am always open to discuss anything assuming I know the answers- I have studied many other religions and enjoy seeing contrasts among the many faiths--part of what helps my mind stay open I assume), however many people feel they need to correct my beliefs point out the differences without an open mind to hear the truths and beliefs of my side- go figure. But that is a side note. Twice yearly I forget these feelings and feel ready to be myself after being with so many people who share my beliefs- even if only one weekend and watching it on TV. I guess you could say I feel "built up" in a way.
Nathan and I started the morning off by making chocolate chip muffins- a dozen muffins that were gone by lunchtime. Hmmm. I started up some rolls towards the end of the first session and made some potato cheddar soup for lunch, and mixed up some honey butter. Not only did we have our fill of comfort food, we also turned on our fire for the first time of the season and enjoyed a rainy, blustery day from the inside of a warm and comfortable environment. Jeremy also sold his older-than-our-relationship stereo on craigslist and made $10! Woohoo. Wonderful day!
Today(10/6/08) both kids went to school. We walked to Leila's preschool and then after Nathan and I got home we dropped off some things and the library and I dropped him off at the Nature park where he takes a once weekly class and gets to play with dirt and slugs and grasshoppers and fun stuff boys like. I have a whole hour and a half to myself once a week. And what do I do- usually run errands for the family. After we picked up both kids we realized they had practice for their primary program coming up at church in a few weeks. Once a year the children in our church put on a program during the first hour to show what they are learning. Both of my kids are quite the singers and belt out the tunes. I am so thankful they haven't stopped doing this- one day I am sure they will realize all the other kids aren't singing as loudly and correct themselves, so enjoy it while I can. Also, we try to have a family meeting once a week. Today we realized our "Conser Family Reward Chart" was all filled up for our first "Conser Reward Activity"! Yahoo! The kids earn stars for doing different chores around the house. I am trying to convince them they would prbably earn enough each week to go on a fun activity every weekend, but so far we haven't been that aggressive. Jeremy drew family swim from a number of options in a hat- now I just hope my swimsuit still fits...eeek! We will likely do this sometime this weekend.
Here are some fun photos from the weeend:
I started really imagining our little girl and happened to have Leila's hospital T-shirt near, so I looked at it, put it on a pillow and could just imaging her inside of the it. I showed it to Jeremy and his first comment was: Will our baby really fit in that? The answer is YES! DUH! Leila came home with this little shirt and she was not busting out of it, and at 9 1/2 pounds was bigger than this baby will be(hopefully!). And even a 9 1/2 pounder is small enough to fit in your arms- her little belly will be only as big as my hand.


This is Saturday Night: Snuggle Fun!


Here is Goofy Naters- dressed himself on Sunday Morning. Notice the tie- in honor of it being Sunday I assume. I feel I do need to mention he doesn't normally wear a tie to church, but whatever... I try not to question a 3-year-old mind and its logic. I do like his knee popped up- what a model!





Here is sweetie Leila- dressed before her daddy. :o) She insisted on shorts and t-shirt, as well as blankets and the fire. And she got it... of course.


No comments: