Today is a good place to be.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lines of cars

Oh what I would give to peek inside the mind of my darling boy. I have really enjoyed having one on one time with him while Leila is at school. I see him on a completely different level and am amazed at the workings of his beautiful mind.

He asked me the other day how people get under the ground after passing by the cemetery. I told him people get old or sick and die and then they are buried and they have a spot where family can visit and remember them. He then asked if there are monkeys under the ground too.

Every morning he asks me "What are we doing today Mommy?" and on the days when the answer is nothing, he seems completely satisfied.

He asks me about every sign we pass while driving. Finally today I was getting a bit tired of responding(And telling him that the signs say he is cute doesn't work for him) I told him he needed to learn to read so he could read the signs himself. He said "OK Mommy" but kept asking me what the signs say.

He is very sharing, most of the time. Today our friends Hunter and Paige came to visit and when I told him they were coming he immediately said: I will share my cars with Hunter. His teachers at his Nature Class also commented on his sharing attitude. I asked him to share some cheez-its with mommy and he said no. After a few more times I asked him to share them with the baby in mommy's tummy. He very willingly gave me one.

I asked him if he loved me: Yes. I asked him if I love him: Yes. I asked him if he loves cars: Yes. I asked him if I love cars: Ummm no mommy- you like Barbies.

Tonight he made his very own stoplight out of red, yellow and green legos. He is planning on using it in his room so he can control who comes in or not.

He is very creative spending his time and talents on building things. He loves stacking and lining up things. He loves order. In fact, I wonder if I see the beginnings of OCD on some days!
Check out his car lines:










I took the pictures on the carpet days before the pictures on counter not realizing I was capturing a trend.

No comments: