Today is a good place to be.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Picaboo

I wanted to assemble a little book for Kathryn and her hospital stay with pictures of her family.  I was going to do a mini-scrapbook, but she likes to tear my existing mini-scrapbooks apart.  My sister suggested I try a photo book, which I have always wanted to try.  She sent me a code to get a free 20 page book for my first time try- all I would have to pay was shipping. 

So, I got to work and started picking out pictures.  I had about 100 photos.  So I seriously started cutting down.  I made a book of 24 pages. I got the discount of $39.99 and ended up paying around $16.  I am looking forward to seeing how the book looks in person.

I love to scrap-book.  I love paper.  I love lay-outs.  I love the process of assembling my creativity and getting things put together just right, and then enjoying it over and over again while reviewing the finished product.  I feel its like a puzzle- there are limitations set by the number of items I desire on a page, and I have to figure a way to make it pleasing to the eye.  There is also the constant need to have something new and exciting in my collection. 

Digital scrap booking hasn't proven challenging enough for me, however there are aspects that I do like- the fact I don't have to have all my pictures printed out.  I can also manipulate the photos, zoom in, make larger, change color and even correct all with a click of a mouse.  Some programs have cute little add-on embellishments(not this one however)This book I was able to choose a theme which meant I wouldn't run out of a paper theme.  Oh- and the fact I can sit down on a Sunday afternoon and start to pull together my ideas and have a book ordered by Monday evening, that is very nice.

To see the book online check out the link(You can even buy a copy if you want!):
http://app.picaboo.com/WebView/Project.aspx?clientID=0cac3d5abcc55699f9e6516fcc51cbca&version=50330

So anyway- go to picaboo.com and make yourself a book.  Use code:  1FBLGB-7W  and get yourself $39.99 off your first book and see if you are as satisfied with your product as I hope to be!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Thanks for the link!!!

I've made a couple of these kinds of books and I LOVE them :)