Today is a good place to be.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Date Set

We have a date set for Kathryn's surgery- its Oct. 25th.

Its been a very hard week to figure this out.  We have been on the fence about proceeding, or waiting.  Pros and cons with both actions.  We called the insurance and the cost is huge.  We realized the decision would be much easier if cost were no issue and decided to take that out of the equation altogether.  I have been prayerful, I have been logical, I have been thoughtful.  I have been seeking advice from those who understand medical issues, understand my concerns, understand how hard it is to be a parent.  I just wasn't sure what to do.

Then last night Kathryn came down with another UTI and the urgency to get this little girl better is all consuming.  She is hurting and miserable.  As nice as it is to cuddle my baby, its not nice knowing she is in pain and unhappy and damage could be happening to her tiny organs right now. 

So--- the date is set.  We are going to take care of you sweet baby girl.

2 comments:

vaxhacker said...

Megan, your family's in our prayers. We've had to send our own kids into surgeries too, it's scary and nerve-wracking but when you need to help them get better, it's great that we have such things available, too.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you and Kathryn. I hope this will get your sweet baby better, and we will keep her in our prayers. I love and miss you and am here anytime you need to chat, vent cry, or scream.