Today is a good place to be.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Third Time- Tri-athlete!

Third time is the CHARM!  And definitely FUN!


My Aunt Renetta, who sucked me into all this tri-non-sense, helped her stake put on a tri-athlon for the women in her area.  There was no way I was going to miss this one!  This was a fun race.  My sister Amy and I spent the night with my dear friend Melia and three new friends from the Hillsboro area and we enjoyed each others company and enjoyed the race experience.  We had fun singing primary songs and church hymns out on the bike route as we passed the other ladies on their way back in.  The group effort at this event was unique as my other two events were very personal and solitary.

All of us felt a little insecure with our training--or lack there-of-- but we knew we wanted to complete another sprint tri-athlon and I think we are pleased with the results.  I had an especially hard week suffering from a week-long migraine and other physical pain issues.  But, recovery after this third event is definitely a lot easier than at the first one(but don't tell my husband because I am definitely using this as an excuse to lay around and not change diapers and blog). 

I have found that even though I may be carrying around extra weight and don't look or feel how I want to, that I am still capable of setting physical goals and achieving them.  I have found that despite any physical pain I am in, I am able to focus and relax and enjoy the moment at hand.  I have found that although it might not be very pleasant, the reward for endurance is sweet and gratifying.  I simply found a strength inside of me that allows me to keep going.  The power of prayer is huge, and I am grateful to have it on my side.
I think I can becomes I know I can. 
My goal is now a reality. 
I feel good about myself and my abilities. 
Thanks to my friends and my dear sweet family for supporting me and believing in me too.

4 comments:

lindaharper said...

You go girl! I'm proud of you. Good for you! One day maybe you can do this all the way to South Carolina!

Oyama Family said...

good for you! You all are so cute!

teamZ said...

I think that David's wife did that same triathelon. I mean how many Stakes by Salem had host that event. That is so cool, for both of you.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome. If I'm in town next summer I would love to do one with you. Isn't that feeling of accomplishment worth all the work--you are amazing.