Today is a good place to be.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Priorities

I hope my previous post didn't alarm too many of you. I used to write a lot more personal posts like this before, but for lack of time among other things I have turned my blog into more of an update blog and less of an outlet blog(for which I felt was very helpful to me personally)-- I have been trying, in vain, to work with someone and I guess on some level trying to prove to her that I was capable of being her friend- trying to prove those she had wronged that on some level she was OK because I could still put up with her. Why I thought I was anyone special I do not know- certain people just can't be helped.


A weight has been lifted. My shoulders feel light and I feel good about the limits I have set. Life is good.


My family is my priority. My beautiful children. My sweet Husband. My friends(and I use that term with all the sacredness in the world) are priceless. My Father in Heaven, my Brother Jesus Christ, my Faith- I am blessed with that knowledge and am so grateful I have this support. I have so much. I am grateful to reflect on all that I have.


Merry Christmas Eve! May the love in your life surround you and lift you.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You are so wise!! I am proud of you! It has always seemed to me that you seek out the good in all people. There is nothing wrong with that, I am just glad you have set limits, because you are awesome and your friends, myself included should feel so very grateful to know you! It is an honor for me to not only be able to call you sister, but best friend too!!

Tonya said...

Yep, some people just can't be helped. It would make the world so much easier if everyone was just like you and me:0) I Love you, Megan. You make me laugh. I know what you mean about having to set limits and not dwell on the people who bring sadness to your life. It makes a huge difference when we can look at the amazing people who bless our lives and know that we are doing our best and that we are good enough just the way we are. We have discussed this before. You must know that you are such a beautiful person. Hope your Holidays were grand, friend.