Today is a good place to be.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Phonecalls from Friday

I had a delightful lunch with my dear friend Marcie after the kids and Jer took off. Then I visited my dear friend Annie and her belly. After that I headed to Target and indulged in my contained happy baby status and shopped the clearance racks and bought Kathryn a Bumbo seat-- very fun-- she loves it!

Anyway, around 5:30 I get a phone call from the Leila. They roasted wienies on the fire for dinner. Jeremy told me later the kids wouldn't get close enough to cook them, so he did it for him(points for safety!). Nathan kept telling me how much he loved me and I wished them a good night.

Around 8ish I got my second call. I am feeling OK with everything so I did not panic. Nathan has been given a time out and was upset and couldn't calm down. He just wanted him Mommy to sing the birdie song to him, and then the baby Nathan song, and then a few others(points to daddy for some compassion). So we sang together over the phone and he kissed me several times.

Jeremy told me they had story time in a little amphitheatre. They had activities for Saturday for the kids in the camp- It sounds like they are having a blast.(more points for daddy for putting my mind at ease).

Me- I am enjoying my very quiet home. My baby is amazing and I am enjoying every second with her. We took a long, fast walk today. She got her bath in and didn't cry a bit. I am going to vacuum downstairs and clean the kitchen, get a shower in myself and then see what we happen to do next... Life is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time is being had by all of you!!

Amy said...

Awww, how precious to hear from the kids like that! They are having such a good time, but are missing you so much! Its good to be loved, especially by such sweet kids!