Today is a good place to be.

Friday, June 12, 2009

OH its the little things....

We went to Gabe's birthday party-NINE YEARS OLD! Yikes! How did that happen?

On our way home we had a comical conversation:
Leila: Mom, how old is Gabe?
Me: Today he is 8. Next week he will be 9.
Leila: 9? 9 years old?
Me: Yep
Leila: Will he still be our friend?
Me: Of course!
Nate: Will he watch us when you die?
Me: If you are lucky my boy.

I am also cracking up all day long because I am just so funny. Jeremy found a group near by that does D&D on Friday nights. Its a fun group and they do not have to meet every week. I am very excited for Jeremy to get out and socialize and have some time to himself. Makes me feel less guilty about the time I need for myself. Anyway, I told the kids Daddy couldn't come the party tonight and when they asked why I explained the game. I also taught them one of my all-time-favorite terms. So, I told Leila to tell Auntie where Daddy is and she replied: "He is with the Nerd Herd." I also can't tell you how much I laughed when explaining what the term means. Leila looked at me like I was nuts. And I am. I am happy to laugh at silly things.

There were several other things that just amused me today- but darn it- I can't remember them anymore. All I can say is laughter is fun, laughter is good, I am glad I am in a mental state where I am laughing at just about everything that come by. I have had a tough week physically and emotionally, so it really felt good. Poor Baby Kathryn has had a fever and mostly wants to be held and nursed, so maybe its the extra milk production... hormonal imbalances = insanity?

4 comments:

Breezy said...

I am smiling - don't you love when you can laugh at life. It is so great for Jeremy to have "dad" time. I know I love that Ben golfs because I know he gets much needed break from us. Also I love the Winco post; when it rains it pours. but it sounds like you were able to have great perspective.

vaxhacker said...

What? A grown man playing D&D? How... um... er, well, I guess I can't say anything too bad about that one, can I? Ahem.

In that case I (*rolls a d20*)... make my saving throw and slink quietly into the shadows.

But yeah, Nerd Central there :)
(Our group plays on Saturdays, but we solved the couple issue by both of us playing with the group. Marrying a geek girl was the smartest thing I ever did. Well, this particular one anyway.)

Anonymous said...

It is so true--sometimes you just have to laugh other wise you will cry. That's how I feel somedays. And I try to remember that these things really will be funny--later, sometimes much later. You're a great mom!

Jill said...

I am smiling with you Megan, thanks for sharing!

And I thought my husband was bad with all the video games he plays with my boys...thankfully no D&D though. :)