Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

EaSter 2009

My Pathetic Excuse for a cake: It looks silly, but tasted good and the kids LOVED it:
Can you say "Angel":
And it all fell apart- this is why we are getting our photos done by a professional next weekend(if it doesn't rain!)
We had a very nice Easter this year. On Saturday we celebrated with an egg hunt with our dear friends and neighbors who are moving in June(BOO!). Sunday was all about going to church and focusing on the real reason of the Holiday. In years past we have celebrated with extended family on at least one of the weekend days. This year we didn't. I have to say I missed seeing my sisters and my niece's and nephews. But we enjoyed a not-so-quiet day just the five of us. We made a big ham that will feed us for a number of meals to come, and it just feels good to know we have food in the freezer.

Today I didn't want to go to church. I have been dealing with some depressing issues that have been dragging me down a lot lately on top of hormonal changes that I can certainly blame. I decided we needed to go the first hour to enjoy the choir(Which I didn't join this time around which also bummed me out). They sang beautifully. We had several talks that were very uplifting. I told myself we could try to sneak out after that, but I knew the kids would enjoy their Easter classes, so I stuck around. I think I knew I needed to be in my classes with the weight I have been carrying around on my shoulders.


I am so glad I stayed. I was uplifted. I was supported. I cried a little. I have resolve I can handle myself better this week. I am not alone. I need courage and faith to endure. Today, being Easter, was the perfect time to reflect on the fact I am not living alone. I am raising my children with the help of my God and my Religion and my older Brother Jesus. Jesus Christ, who died for my sins and lifted himself up so I can live again and keep my family close to me in the next life. Despite my issues and trials I am dealing with right now- that seem too big to handle some days- if I can but hand off my burdens to the Lord, I will be blessed and taken care of. There is no burden too big for him to take if I only ask.

This Easter was nice. I hope all my friends and family know my love for them. I am blessed with a beautiful little family and so much love and support.

Here is a beautiful message from my church on Easter:




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake is so fun. I bet the kids loved it. Sometimes quiet times at home are just what you need. We did Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday this year and it made a world of difference on how we felt today. We were able to focus on Jesus and why we celebrate today. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling worried/stressed. Please call if you need to vent or need help with ANYTHING, I am always happy to listen and help. Happy Easter!

Anna-Kare said...

Thanks for your comments. They were uplifting, too. Glad your Easter Sunday turned out so nice. I'll put you in my prayers! Hugs!

Tonya said...

I love your pathetic excuse for a cake! You're awesome Megan! I'm sorry you've been bummed lately. I know that is NOT a fun feeling. I sure do love you...though I do wish our paths crossed more often. I say another craft day is in order! I'm so glad that you stayed at church and found comfort in the messages. I appreciate your honesty and your sweet testimony.

Amy said...

I've been trying hard to make contact! Will keep trying. Funny, I had the same experience with church this Easter and needed as much quiet time for reflection as I could find. Unfortunately not enough.

Love you friend...xoxo

lindaharper said...

Megan,

Your Easter blog was wonderful and so uplifting. It is amazing that sometimes when we are struggling, the very thing that can bring us up and strengthen us is something that we think we'll stay away from for awhile. We find peace in the Savior and his gospel and those who try to serve him.

You are such a wonderful mom and a precious daughter of Heavenly Father and one of my special nieces!

Love you, Linda