Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Back to the Lists

OK- so I am physically over any childbirth issues. Which I must say is nice to feel physically normal again. However, my back hurts- from holding the baby so much. My headaches are back full force making me keep Jeremy home a bit later in the mornings during the week. I can't decide if I should go in to the doctor or not. I know most of the reasons: Lack of sleep, hormonal fluctuation, not the best nutrition. Until baby is sleeping thru the night and as a result, I am too, I would rather wait to go in and see how the patterns change.

My left arm is getting nice and toned again from holding baby and packing around her baby seat with her in it so much. Now I need to work on the rest of my body. I did do yoga two weeks ago, but got distracted and haven't been back to it. My body is longing for me to start up an exercise schedule, but I can't seem to get motivated. I know I would feel so much better once I do so.

I lost a bunch of weight at first and nursing helped-leaving only 15 lbs to loose. But its coming back on because I have loved the freedom of indulging and am doing so on a daily basis. I started up WW last week by myself. I did good for two days. I think I need to go in and start paying until I loose the weight- it was the motivation that worked for me last time, it will have to work this time so I can save on money.

I feel I am getting back in the groove, but my laundry has flown away from me. I washed, dried, and put away 5 loads of laundry the otherday to look over at our laundry hamper, and the lid was over flowing. Plus, we always seem to have a load of dishes to unload and load up immediately. I understand the laundry, we have another person, but why, OH WHY do the dishes have to get out of hand? K doesn't use anything up yet???

Everything seems to be just a bit messier and just a bit more unorganized than I like to have it- and I am not obsessive about this kind of thing- so that tells you how bad I feel my life is. My way of coping? LISTS-- back to the lists. I haven't made a list except for groceries since before the baby was born. Its been 2 1/2 months- its time.

Here is my list for this week. Some are higher priorities than others(like the grocery shopping since we do not have much food in our home). I do not plan on completing this list, but it helps me to write down all my needs with the intent to at least identify my desires:

  • Work on Leila's "Baby Mine" book
  • Find inspiration for Nathan's "Baby Mine" (after Leila's is done most likely)
  • Get caught up on laundry
  • clean/organize upstairs bedrooms
  • vacuum upstairs - at least once
  • vacuum downstairs every other day
  • put away my clothes pile
  • cook dinner(no take out!)
  • WINCO-#1 priority for Monday!
  • pedicure(use my gift card! yay!)
  • Take books to library(due 30th)
  • Pay off fines at library(must have cash!)
  • check balance on my relia-cash card
  • Organize office
  • Start up on my writing project again
  • Really start using WW plan again
  • Set up work out schedule
  • Call or e-mail a couple of friends who have been on my mind

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the new pictures! Kids grow up too fast! I am going into finals next week and will be getting my "lists" out again too. Oh, the fun!

Amy said...

lists are the only way I keep my sanity. Mind you, I never finish the list I just keep it!

Emily Alder said...

I constantly have fines at the library and I have no kids, so I have no excuse, but they continue letting you borrow books until you read, I think, the $10 mark.

On another note, I co-teach Leila's primary class with Paige now, and this Sunday Leila said, "You're beautiful" to me and it made me feel so good! I can tell she's been taught well to be nice. :)

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Rachel- Good Luck! Make sure a pedicure or getting an ice cream is on the top of your list.

Amy- I usually dont' finish my lists either-- sometimes I don't even look at them again once I write them. Just feels good to get it all down- right?

Emily- My fines are up to around $15- yikes! I wish they took debit cards! And as far as Leila- she can be very sweet when she wants to.. the other day she was mad at me and told me she liked her preschool teacher better than me because she is nicer and she has prettier hair. I happen to agree on both fronts so I was not offended. So, she is honest, I know that! :o)

Anonymous said...

I too am a list maker. I am a little obsessie about it. There is just something about crossing off items on my list that gives me an adrenaline rush. Somedays are better than others, but I'm afraid I have passed this habit onto my children when they each have to have their own "list" when we go to run errands.
As far as getting back to life with baby #3, I think it's just going to be a new normal--at least that is what I have come to realize. (I had a friend tell me once that when she had heard 3rd child she could never quite get in the groove, then she had her 4th and everything fell into place and life was smooth. By no means am I willing to try having a 4th at this moment to test her theory.) Call if you need anything or if you just need to drop the kids off for an hour or two while you get things done. That;s what I'm here for.