Today is a good place to be.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Boys at Play & Ice Skating for Tots

With our tax refund we indulged and put the kids in a few classes thru the Parks and Recreation.

Nathan just started "Boys at Play" which he was very disgruntled they had no cars, they didn't play really, just danced and ran. He seemed to enjoy himself and was quite tired that night. He is planning on going back despite the classes short comings.

Leila just started "Ice Skating for Tots". I am a nervous mom and tried to talk her into ballet or dance, but she stood firm in her desire. She had great fun hobbling on her skates before she got to the ice. After her first tumble, she cried and wanted to get off the ice. I reminded her we talked about this and she needed to keep going. Then I ducked out of sight to not encourage the tears. She was smiles by the end of class and will go back. She did ask: "Why does the ice have to be so hard?" in reference to her sore bum.

Loosing the prize of Mother of the Week, I forgot my camera. Darn! I will take pictures at another class.

No comments: