Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers


Mothers are special.

I never completely knew how much I was loved until I became a Mother myself.

I look at my daughters and know one day they will understand what it means to be a mother. (my son will figure it out too, but I will talk about that on Fathers Day!)

Motherly love can come from anyone: Aunts, sisters, friends, friends mothers.
I am blessed to have my loving Mom, who teaches me about love and nurturing and taught me to love all things baby.
I am blessed to have my dear Mother-in-law, who teaches me how important it is to see life through my children's eyes as she seems to take such enjoyment from this.
I have my very sweet aunties, my precious sisters(including my sister in law), my loving friends(some with, others without children of their own), their mothers who seem to adopt and love me...

One time my mom bought one of my friends a bunch of tulips for her birthday. She wasn't particularly close to this friend of mine- didn't know her too well- But when my friend thanked her, my mom said she loved her because I love her and she knew my friends I chose were special. She also told her she loved her because this friend cared about me and helped me in many aspects of my life. I understand. My mom loves me, my husband, children, my interests- all because she knows how much I love them. That is a lesson I have picked up from her and naturally started in my own life.

What a blessing a mother is.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I love you, Megan! I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day:)