Today is a good place to be.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ponyo

I am just so excited about this movie I had to post on my blog to tell my friends all about it!

We are huge fans of Hayao Miyazaki and have most of his movies. The stories are intriguing, sweet, thoughtful, and always have good messages. The animation is beautiful. The main characters are strong and good. The voice talents are always very enjoyable as Disney spares no expense on casting.

We went and saw this limited release movie at the theatre after we sent Leila from Belgium home. The kids were sad they were loosing a big sister, so we made them feel better by splurging for a family outing. The baby was only 5 months old, so I missed some of the film to take her out to change. I nursed her during the film and fell asleep(Not because of the movie, I promise- I just have a hard time keeping my eyes open when a tiny person attached to me sleeps!). I am excited to watch it again with my kiddos.

Thank you AMY for sending me a link to a coupon! Its a $10 value- I got my copy at Target and spent only 9.99! (see bottom of the entry for your link).



From the Academy Award®-winning director and world-renowned Japanese animation legend Hayao Miyazaki comes PONYO, a story inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale "The Little Mermaid."

Already a box-office success in Japan, the story of a young and overeager goldfish named Ponyo (voiced by Noah Cyrus) and her quest to become human features an outstanding roster of voice talent, including CATE BLANCHETT, MATT DAMON, TINA FEY, FRANKIE JONAS, CLORIS LEACHMAN, LIAM NEESON, LILY TOMLIN and BETTY WHITE.

For a valuable coupon that is good thru March 10th
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/disneymagicalsavings/?cmp=dmov_dvd_dmsave_url_ponyocoupon

1 comment:

Josh Alder said...

I've heard many good things about this movie, but I've yet to see it. But, I will definitely check it out!