Today is a good place to be.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Not so alone...

Ugh! These blues! (that was my first title of this post- after I wrote it I can honestly say... I feel better)

I've been going through some rough times lately. A lot has been going on personally and I haven't been able to handle it very well. The blues have been visiting often and I have been feeling very lonely, very needy, and just plain sad. I feel like I have lost so much and have fallen so far from where I am used to being.

Why am I blogging about something so personal? Because I think a lot of people can relate to those sad moments. I think there are a lot of people out there dealing with the yuck of the world, but they do what I do- keep on going, keep on moving, keep on smiling. I try not to be negative. I try not to dwell on what is making me sad. I try not to talk about it.

I just want to say for the record my beautiful life is not perfect, but it is my life. And it is beautiful. I am blue and needy and lonely, but I am loved and supported. I have so much. In fact, when I am feeling this way, the guilt comes in waves because of how very much I do have- I shouldn't for one minute feel this way.

I had a friend who is able to see me from a different perspective tell me some very special things about myself. Things that embarrassed me a little, but made me feel good someone noticed. She reminded me that I have endured a lot of loss. I am dealing with a lot of sad and heartbreaking issues. She reminded me I am not alone:

While I have so many people in my life loving me, I still hurt. Yet when I am alone, I have my faith. So tonight I lift my face -with a smile- in gratitude - that I do know my living Father in Heaven, and his Son Jesus Christ- and they are aware of me and my pain.

I don't feel so alone.


D&C 68:6 Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I have stood where you stand and it is not fun at all. I'm sorry life has been rough lately. You really have been going through some tough times...I'm sure I don't know everything, but I know the issues with your Dad have not been easy at all. I really admire your positive attitude and your ability to see your many blessings even during hard times.