Today is a good place to be.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Chocolate Stuff-- followed by a date

I had an amazing weekend. On Saturday my mother-by-marriage decided it was time for some serious Conser Girl Bonding. Both my sister in law and I were happy to comply, especially since it had to do with chocolate and pampering.

We went to the Chocolate Fest up at the Forestry Center. We were able to sample just about as much as we could stomach- some interesting things were the blue cheese truffle, organic and natural raw chocolate, fudge of almost any flavor(I liked the root beer float flavor, but only a bite- a bar of that would be too much). Good times. (I forgot my camera so here is my bag and my loot)

Afterwards we went to the Grand Salon for Chocolate Wraps- they exfoliated the skin with a cocoa lotion, then after they wiped all that off, they painted us in chocolate. The idea is that Chocolate is an anti-oxidant, and we are anti-oxidating from the outside in. Then they wrapped us up in plastic, tin foil(kinda like a candy bar), and put a nice warm blanket over and we soaked in the chocolate for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes they let us shower, then buttered us up with lotion that smelled of course like chocolate. Heavenly. My skin was so soft and smooth. Thank you Sue! I really enjoyed myself. It was a great break from the kids, and it was great to spend time with the Conser Girls I was so lucky to meet and become family with thru Jeremy.

The bad part was Sue had ordered one of each of us. Somehow they messed up on hers and gave her a mango body polish. Still luxurious, however not what she had ordered. Hopefully she will return and use some of the coupons they gave her and do it again! I do have to say the Spa Life is one I could get used to.... sigh.. maybe... someday....

I got home and explained the experience to my kids- Leila got to work and used an old coloring book to make a spa chair for Kathryn. I came into the room with both Leila and Nathan "working" on Kathryn- Nathan was giving her a manicure and Leila was working her feet with a "pedicurd". We had painted her little toes the day before. How cute. They continued their work and gave Daddy a manicure and Nathan then gave Leila a pedicure.

They were having so much fun, I almost didn't want to leave. Almost. Jeremy and I had a date planned, and we ended up going to Big Reds- we enjoyed our evening without the children, even though we talked about them most of the time. Its important for us to have our time together- its so easy to disconnect with the demands on our time and every need seeming to outweigh the need for us to talk. But we have to defend our relationship and make it our priority. Because without him and I, everything we are working for would be for nothing.

6 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

And yes-- she sat in her spa chair a long while with the pampering she was getting.

Tonya said...

So fun, Megan! I have NEVER been to a spa. A chocolate wrap? Seriously??? Wow, I bet it smelled so good in there. O.K., blue cheese and chocolate sounds really wrong together. Blah!

jae said...

The chocolate wrap sounds heavenly!! That would be a fun thing to do for Valentines Day. :)

Oyama Family said...

sounds like a blast! I am jealous, can I be considered a Conser and join you next time? J/K :)

Christy said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Not sure I'd try it :) Well, I'd definitely do the Chocolate Fest, not sure about the chocolate wrap!
And I love the picture of the little pink toes!

Amy said...

What cute kids! I love the family spa!! Congrats on a great day.

xoxo-Amy W.