Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Best Brownies EVER- and you know I wouldn't lie about this...

Best Brownies

1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
¾ Cup cocoa powder
1 Cup Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Cup Chocolate Chips

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and beat again. Add cocoa powder and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Add chocolate chips.

Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.


So, I got this recipe from Jeremy's work again. I am hoping he will get a raise this year, but so long as the best recipes ever keep coming home I guess I will have to be OK with that. A bit more plump than I want to be, but OK. I made these and think I might not ever be able to have a brownie out of a box mix again. Well, maybe. I don't think I would ever turn down a brownie no matter its origin. Anyway- I made this twice- first time didn't quite bake it long enough(but still amazingly good). The second time I used wheat flour and they were perfection. Also, the second day they are very chewy. Oh and I am very impressed with how clean my kids can lick a beater. :o>

I think if we could eat a cloud from Heaven, it would taste like these brownies.

6 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Oh- and no pic this time... we ate them before I could get the camera down.

Amy said...

Mmmm, I am almost afraid to try it! Did you use milk chocolate or semi sweet?

Anonymous said...

sounds so good. I am always on the look out for great recipes. Can't wait to try them and make them.

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I used semi-sweet, but I think heaven would also come with milk, peanut butter, super dark....

Tonya said...

Ummmm...I second these brownies. They are heaven and mine turned out perfect!!!!

Christy said...

MMMmmmmm! Will definitely be trying this one. I'm always looking for a good brownie recipe :) I'll let you know. Thanks for sharing!