Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bathing Babies

I blogged earlier about bathing and feeding and kissing boo-boos as my favorite activities with my babies. I need to qualify the bathing part. I love bathing my BABIES. My toddlers/ preschoolers- not my favorite job. Those who have ventured upstairs in my home can attest to our third bathroom at being teeny tiny. The architect who came up with our house plan did a great job at giving us four bedrooms upstairs with a result of a very small bathroom for the kids. All I can say is I am glad I was not a teenager in this house- and I hope we move before our children are teens because sharing this bathroom will totally suck.

So, one reason I don't like to bathe my older kids is I tend to yell a bit much, and my kids tend not to listen a bit too often, which results in my yelling more and them not listening even more. When the two big kids enjoy tub time it can get quite loud and this kind of noise in a small room is a bit difficult for me to handle on most days. So, bath time after my babies are not babies any longer is turned over to Dad. And Dad does a great job with it.

Since Leila quit soccer early, we had a fun evening of us girls together. Leila and Kathryn took a bath together.

I think Kathryn felt like she was the luckiest baby alive to be in the big tub with her big sister. Honestly, the relationship between my children is amazing. I love that they have each other to love and play with. I can't imagine their lives without each other. I am so happy to have the family I have.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I love that cute little dimple on Kathryn's adorable little face! We like baths in this family too. I still scrub Ivy down, but next year she'll be a kindergartner and it will be time for her to scrub herself. I'm getting old!

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of the opposite. I love it when my kids become toddlers and can play in the tub while I sit and watch. My last 2 boys were not great at taking baths as babies, and it stressed me out a bit. But, if you bathe the babies I will dress them and snuggle them and smell their lovely freshly bathed baby smell, though.