Today is a good place to be.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Definition of "Baby Time"

Baby Time: life slowed down to meet the needs of baby. We go places after she eats. We plan our schedules around her non-existent schedule. We stop and change a diaper the minute we "hear" we need to. Laundry is not caught up. The kitchen is not clean. We drop everything to catch a glimpse of a smile. We sit a little bit longer to simply hold our sleeping baby.

I love baby time. It won't last forever- Soon I will have to get back to normal life and fit her into our schedule. But for now, all of us are enjoying working around her schedule, her needs.

Baby time.




7 comments:

mahina said...

i love your definition!

congrats on the new baby! ours joined our family jan. 27th! we are enjoying a lot of "baby time" too! the girls are loving their new sister!

this is my first time on your new blog! i love it!

Christy said...

Definitely enjoy that baby time!! I do miss it somedays. The pictures are adorable, Kathryn is already changing so much, so adorable :) And you look SO good!!

Vixie said...

Baby time is awesome, I too love your definition. If only it could last longer than it does...

Took said...

you sure know to make em' beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So, glad you are in that frame of mind. Bay time is the best. They grow up so fast. I am still rocking Bret to sleep most of the time because I just can't make myself put him down. She is so beautiful and you look great!

Alesha said...

I miss that baby time. And you would think I would have enough with triplet babies. Sad thing is I don't remember much, because I was so sleep deprived. Go thing for the pictures. I really want to come see her, but we have had the flu sense she was born. I will get there some day.

Amy said...

I am so glad you get the time to truly enjoy little Kathryn. She is an angel! Aren't you glad you aren't having to even think about going back to a job and leaving your little ones! What a blessing to get to truly appreciate what it is to be a mommy!