Today is a good place to be.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Amy's Camera and so much more (Plus more Pics of Baby- of course)











My sister Amy- who is also one of my very best friends- was able to be with me during labor. The reasons were many. Including, but not limited to: First, she is one of my best friends, and therefore, one of my strongest support people. Second, she brings happiness and laughter whenever she is around. Third, she was as anxious as I was to get this baby out and meet her. Fourth, she has an awesome camera!





When I was in labor with Leila she popped in to say hello. I was only planning on having Jeremy and my Mother present. I was struggling with getting Leila out and found quit quickly Amy's presence was a welcome addition. Jeremy was focused on me, and after the birth went to be with Leila while they had to finish up with me. Mom was focused on me, and was able to stay with me after birth. Amy lightened the room, encouraged me, and my two other helpers, and took pictures! Yay! After pushing for hours I declared I could go on no longer. Both Jer and Mom insisted I could, but Amy's cheering and reassurance I would and could get this baby out rang loudest in my ear(I have a feeling Jeremy was pretty sure I couldn't go on much longer either-poor guy).


I knew with Nathan I wanted her present again- and his labor went very smoothly and very quick. In fact, she showed up just an hour before he popped out. I was worried she wouldn't make Kathryn's, but I was feeling pretty confident I could do it without her in case she couldn't make it. Amy is going to school to become a nurse and has classes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. This Tuesday, she quickly took a lab test in her awful A&P Biology class and showed up. She again brought her laughter- there were several contractions I laughed thru(She showed up pre-epidural). I was amazed that laughter was such a good distraction for the pain. So Amy has been there at the start of my family, at the beginning of each my children's lives, and has continued to support and love me ever since.

Here are some more pics from Kathryn's birthday by Amy. Sister, Friend, Coach, Ultimate Supporter. Thanks Amy for all you do for me-- not only in birthing my children, but in simply being my friend and all that entails. I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't sisters the best!!!! I love my sister, and having her close the past couple years has been so wonderful. I will be sad when we move.

I'm so glad you had someone there to make you laugh and to lean on. (because sometimes boys just don't understand, not matter how hard they try.)

Patrick and Paige said...

here is the link to the recipe for the banana bread.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mjw/recipes/bread/fermented-banana-bread.html

enjoy!!!!

Christy said...

That is so wonderful! What a blessing to have such a supportive sister! Makes me wish I had a sister too!! But I guess that is why I have such great friends like you :)

Jill said...

Ahh Megan you are making me tear up! Amy is awesome. Your whole family is, actually. You guys were always the fun cousins, Aunt and Uncle to visit. I'm happy things went so well for Kathryn's entrance into the world. I hope we can visit Oregon this summer so we can see all of your families, it's been FOREVER! Your family is adorable!

Amy said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for all the kind comments and for allowing me to be there at such a special time! I love you! Happy Birthday sister!!