Today is a good place to be.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Break Pics

fMarch 21-25 was Spring Break!  I was looking forward to it!  Not only was I looking forward to the sleeping in(which we never did), but I was excited to have my kids all day.

The kids enjoyed their time at home.  However, they got bored and got on each others nerves.  A rainy week didn't help since it kept us inside.  We did eat out a lot, we met with a lot of friends, overall, it was an amazing week off of school.  Neither kid wanted to go back to school on Monday, but they came home pretty happy they were able to see their friends again. 

A few pics of our week:

Monday was a family day.  We went to lunch at Wendy's.  We went to the Park.  We went the library.  We were not fighting as much this day.

Tuesday was ZOO Day with the Oyama's!  They are our dear friends and x-neighbors(I still haven't quite forgiven them for moving away) who have family in the area so we still get to see them once in a while.  We went to the Zoo and got a bit wet with our typical spring like weather.  Then we dined at McD's and played some more on the indoor play structure.  It was fun for the kids to play together again, and I was so happy to play with Mandy!



Wednesday took us down to Salem to play with our dear friend Dominic.  This was actually a very nice day weather wise, so we played outside on our scooters and Kathryn had fun trying to kick the ball down the street.  We went to lunch at 5 Guys- a family favorite which we just had to go to since they had one really close by.  My friend Jeanette(Dominic's Mom) is just amazing- she and I don't get to see each other very often, but when we do, our friendship is strong.  I am so grateful for her friendship!
(Both these pictures cracked me up, I had to post them up)
Thursday was a Cousin Switch-a-roo day.  Leila went to Annalina's to play, and Joseph came here to play with Nathan.  It was a much needed day of cousin bonding and a great break for my kids to have some time apart.  (No pics, too bad)

Friday I had lunch plans, so my kiddos got to go play with Keegan and Oliver(Thanks Lyndee), and I got spoiled for a birthday  lunch with my Sister Amy and my Niece Adrienne.  What a treat!  That night Jeremy had plans after work and didn't come home until bedtime, so we made the best of it.  We headed out to Deseret Book to buy Leila her very own scriptures that have her name engraved on them(This is a typical gift for age 8, but she has been wanting them for a long while now, so we went for it).  We also stopped and walked the temple grounds and touched the temple walls.  That night, we made a pizza and had a movie night. 

My kids were really tired of each other by the end of the week, but they had had countless hours of playing with each other and even though they were quick to make eachother angry, I do believe the bonds of siblings were made stronger.  I enjoyed being with my kids and we had fun!  What a blessed life I lead!

5 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Sounds like it was a very fun and adventure-filled week!

Anonymous said...

SO FUN!!! Sounds like you made the best even with yucky weather.

Josh, Erica, Garrett, and Haylee said...

If the Oyama's didn't move you wouldn't have the wonderful neighbors you now have!!! :)

Oyama Family said...

You got some fun pictures! Thanks for entertaining us for a day, we loved it! This summer we need some Conser time in our neck of the woods :)

Tonya said...

Sounds like you had a great week! Nice and simple...just like us. We didn't go anywhere big, but we had a great time!

Ha! Ha! The word verification so I can leave this comment says: burpo

Funny:)