Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

Happy Easter!  This year we had a great Easter!  We started on Weds. with an amazing party at our Neighbors home.  Our Neighbor, Erica, is simply an amazing person.  She makes everything beautiful and brings a smile to any one's face.  I am blessed to have her in my life-- and her kids and family in my kids and family lives as well.   


The Saturday before Easter we were treated to our FIRST DAY OVER 70!  It was amazing to see all the people out and about that day.  We, of course, were thrilled and made the very most of it that we could.  We started the day with an Egg hunt at my Sister Amy's Ward.  It was a blast- and our kids did pretty good in the egg hunting department.  Kathryn was content on finding an egg and then sitting down and opening it and then eating it.  She didn't seem to understand that quantity is what matters in the egg hunting department.  Luckily, we were not lacking for candy.




Sunday was a fun-filled Family Day! 

We Brunched with the Conser's at our place, which included another Egg Hunt.  We feasted on Tamara's yummy french toast, and Krispy Kreme's yummy bunny shaped doughnuts. 

We headed off to church, and then ran out to Hillsboro to have Easter Dinner with the Fredericks, and ANOTHER EGG HUNT!  My kids were getting good at egg hunting by now.... but Kathryn still just wanted to sit down and open each egg and eat the contents before moving on. 




We ended the day with my singing in a special Easter Fireside at Church.  Leila came with me and we listened to music that was prepared for this special day.  It brought up the real feelings of what Easter is all about and I am glad to have ended my busy weekend on such a spiritual note.



1 comment:

Josh, Erica, Garrett, and Haylee said...

What an amazing weekend!!! Thank so much for the kind comments!!! You are just as an AMAZING women and I am blessed to have you in my life!! Love you neighbor and Happy Mother's Day!! You are an awesome mother and your kids are SO LUCKY to have you as their MOM!!!