Today is a good place to be.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Providence will not be collecting our first born... or our third!

And Happy Tax Day, By the way--- except you have until Monday to file because of some silly holiday that isn't really a holiday.  This would mean in my life as a tax preparer wannabe we would have had one more weekend of crazy stress. 

So we got our taxes back and paid off our providence bill-- this was the bill for Kathryn's birth from TWO FLIPPIN' YEARS AGO!  We still have her surgery hanging over our heads, which we paid with a 0% card so we could get the tax benefit on this years return, but it sure feels good to get one item off of our list.  I had spent the tax return in my mind in many different forms:  a new couch, a new bed, a weekend away... but getting free of debt is better than all of that!  Yahoo!

Once we get her surgery paid off(Maybe after next years taxes?), maybe we can actually start saving up for a vacation?  Won't that be amazing!  Where should I go?  Immediately I think Hawaii, but Europe would so fun to go back to... but  maybe I need a completely new adventure and head down under Aussi Style?  We will probably end up going to the beach. 

2 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Ahh. All the possibilities! Isn't it wonderful to have possibilities?

Josh Alder said...

You can always go to Canada. It's foreign (and therefore, exotic...) and only about 6 hours away. That's the next trip I think Em and I are going to take. Gotta see that Vancouver temple!

Congrats on paying off the debt! That is a huge accomplishment.