Today is a good place to be.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Looks Who's 35!

ME!

I FINALLY trained my husband to make me a cake- I simply have refused to make my own, which means I have gone without most of my married life(We did go out many times and the restaurants would provide me something good).  Good Job Sweetie!

 My sweet husband Jeremy did a great job taking care of me today-- he made us a big breakfast to enjoy, and my parents joined us.  My kids were very excited to sing to me.  They had a beautiful card for me.  I went shopping the night before with his blessing and a budget that was his gift for me(and I got some awesome stuff!).  I had a low-key afternoon at home with the baby while Jeremy and the kids to a movie.  Baby wouldn't nap, but I got a lot of reading in.  I started getting ready for my night out and actually did my  make up(not remembering that last time I did my full face, I figure it was for my wedding day).  We headed out to Sellwood after dropping my kids off at my nieces house to have El Salvadorian food. Then it was over to Roller Derby to watch a very exciting game(more below).  


I called my Mom for a last minute shopping trip Friday Night- and she always finds me stuff!  I spent way too much money on myself and the conflict of guilt and thrill for doing so was grand.
 But I felt pretty spiffy-- new cloths down to my toes!
A bunch of my dear friends went out to dinner with me at El Planeque in Sellwood

These are my Ladies

And the boys

Christy, Me and Melia at Roller Derby- Future Roller Queens? 
The topping on the cake, so to speak- was the Roller Derby Experience.  Jeremy and I enjoyed the movie "Whip-it" and we looked into it and found the Rose City Rollers.  Tonight, my birthday, The Guns N Rollers were playing against the High Rollers.  It was entertaining- I think I actually started understanding the game towards the end of the night.  We cheered for both teams.  It was exciting and very fast moving.  To all of you asking me if my next endeavor will be to become a Roller Queen-- I am thinking not.  I am not tough enough-- I would be apologizing to the girls I would be bumping out of the way.  And when I fell, I would probaby stay on the ground(gravity likes me).  But who knows?  Molly Mayhem might have a place?




I feel very blessed and happy that I have so very much at age 35. 
I think this year will definitely be my year!


5 comments:

teamZ said...

It sounds like a very happy birthday!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Happy birthday Megan! I would so have LOVED to have joined you on your special day. Darn it! Looks like it was a blast! Glad so many got to celebrate you with you!

vaxhacker said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great time. Of course now you're old!!!

Josh Alder said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had an awesome day!

Annie said...

So glad to find your blog Megan and thank you for your nice comment about my art. I always thought that maybe one day, I would try being a Roller Derby Queen!! I love the ripped fishnet stockings! Tee hee!