Today is a good place to be.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day!

I love being a mom and torturing my children!  I have been speaking to them in an Irish Accent all day and they are so annoyed!  HAHA!  Who knew this part of parenting would be this much FUN?  I splurged this year and got the kids St. Patty's Day Shirts(Nathan doesn't like it when I say St. Patty- "Its St. Patrick Mom!"



My kids donned GREEN today in honor of St. Patrick being from Ireland.  Nathan wanted to know what the story was behind it... and I guess I needed to look it up, since I couldn't seem to tell him off the top of my head(even though I know I KNOW the story...).  He was basically a good guy- a Christian who stuck to his beliefs when it wasn't easy to do so.  After a very hard experience being held captive by those who didn't share his beliefs he was able to use that experience to reach out to others for good.  Good Job Patty!
St. Patrick died on March 17 in the 5th Century- which is why we celebrate on this date.


I personally have always felt a kinship with St. Patrick.  My Birthday, being the 19th of March, often fell in during Spring Break.  But St. Patricks Day was usually on a school day, or at least celebrated on a school day.  So we partied!  And I felt the party was in my honor! 

Plus, green is a fun color and LUCK is something I feel almost every day!  So, for me, St. Patricks Day has special feelings.  I LOVE IT!  

Plus spring is always an exciting time of year with new growth and new possibility popping around everywhere!
St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic.

Adrienne Cook

(OR NOT!  This Picture is after yesterdays Hail Storm!)

No comments: