Today is a good place to be.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Unwelcome visitors

You are not invited into my home.  How dare you just show up.  And show up as a surprise.  And show up on a day when I already had so much to do and deal with.  How dare you mess with my children, mess up my clean bedding, make all our toys undesirable.  I hate you and wish there was no such thing as YOU!

Yep- we got LICE!  Lucky us.  I kept the kids home and we started treating the hair.  Nathan was lucky and we shaved his using the 1/8" setting on the clippers.  Too bad I can't even do that very well.  Made "nit-picking" much easier.  I haven't noticed any in Kathryn's hair, but might treat her anyway. 

I will say it was enjoyable to spend more than just a few minutes with my children as a captive audience.  They had to rest at my feet while I picked through their hair-- I felt like a momma monkey.  We had sweet conversations and while they wiggled a little, I enjoyed the closeness and experience.  We have had a great day- the kids are being very helpful and getting along very nicely.

If there are no living lice in the morning they can go to school.  I called the school and asked if they would be sending out a notice to the families- but no.  Apparently the Oregon Health Department has decided lice are not shared at school- contact isn't close enough.  But I seriously don't know where else they could have gotten it.  The only other kids they spend time with are the kids at church- and there is no head contact there- and their cousins, which they haven't even seen them much  lately.  Oh wait- we did do OMSI on Friday?  Maybe....  but seriously-- who cares?  So long as I kill them all. 

EEEWWW  --- DIE LICE DIE!

No comments: