Today is a good place to be.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Busy is Good

Its the weekend before Surgery-

Last week was a little crazy with Kathryn having a  UTI and my not knowing for a day and half if she would indeed have the surgery or not.  The urologist was able to get her on treatment and feels fine about her having surgery.  Now she has a cold and I am praying every day that this cold departs and will not cause delay or complications on Monday.

I am super busy with things I just can't quite get done.  I have help coming over today to finish up putting away laundry(Thanks Mom!). I will make it my weekend goal to get my room and upstairs vacuumed and put away nicely.  We have let our kitchen go for two days it seriously looks like a health hazard and plus there are no more spoons or forks for the baby to take out of the drawer and stick in the couches so she is not knowing how to spend her time.

We had parent teacher conferences last night and are pleased with our children's achievement's and their future goals.  I love my kids and am so glad we have them in the programs they are currently in. 

Tonight we will try to do a pumpkin patch hoping it stays dry as it most likely won't be dry tomorrow.  Tomorrow is movie morning for Jeremy an the kids.  We want to spend the afternoon and evening together to enjoy our good time as a family.  Hopefully we will be hanging in a clean house- but I might entice Jeremy to a drive in the changing leaves.

Sunday is the kids Primary Program at church- they both have parts memorized and it should prove to be very entertaining.  I teach Nathan's class now, so I will be up with him.  I can't see my Leila where I sit, but that should be OK.  I have some other things to do on Sunday, but hopefully it will be a chill-out day and we will enjoy our family time.

I am so tired.  I am anxious about the surgery, but I am also ready to deal with it and the emotions that go along with it.  I just wish I could sleep a few more hours every single day.  It seems the moment I get up I have to start doing because I just feel I have so much to do I can't waste a minute.  I have so much in my life.  I have been making lists of to-do's and wants and things I just need to get out of my  head.  All of this is very comforting, however I started a list of what I am thankful for and that list won't seem to end.  Talk about comfort. 

One thing I am thankful is all the love and support my friends are offering.  I have so many calls and e-mails to see how we are doing, what can be done for us, and just that we are in your prayers and thoughts.  Thank you.  The surgery is scheduled for Monday at 8AM.  Hopefully we will only spend one night there, but there is a real possibility of spending two nights.  We do not have access to a computer at the hospital. I do not have a cell phone- so I will try to update as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We sure are thinking of your fam. Hope you have a wonderful stress free weekend, and hope all goes well with the surgery. You should have a tech savy family member update your blog or facebook with news of Kathryn.