Today is a good place to be.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who needs Doctors?

I am convinced if we had an Apocalypse(Jeremy and I have been watching that genre of movie lately and its been on my mind) and all the good doctors in the world were wiped out, the good mothers in the world would simply get together and exchange their knowledge and our children for the most part would thrive.


I have a dear friend with a child with CF- the knowledge she has come to with living with this disease and being her child's advocate and strongest support is vast.


I have a dear friend whose baby(younger than mine) had open heart surgery this past year. She too knows way more than anyone without a medical degree should know about heart issues, symptoms and odd bits of knowledge.


I have many friends who have gone the asthma and allergy route. Many friends who are working through the autism spectrum. Friends who deal with other issues that they painstakingly watching and learning about their children- being ever vigilant to get them the medical attention they need.


I have several friends I would completely trust to birth my babies(even though I am done having babies-- except after an Apocalypse birth control might be a bit unreliable and well... you know me and my fertility issues... I would likely have a few more babies).


Not to mention the friends who have suffered emotional trauma and have vast insight to the logic of the heart and the mind and need to love and comfort to heal unseen wounds.


We would take care of each other wouldn't we? Nothing to fear.

No comments: