Today is a good place to be.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Out of FLOUR!

Over the past several weeks(Including Easter weekend), I have made two batches of the worlds best brownies, one double batch of chocolate chip cookies, two different types of pretzels(same recipe, but two entirely different ways of cooking them), several loafs of my new no-fail french bread recipe(its really no fail).
(Nate doesn't like having his picture taken)

(Yum yum yum- this was the German method where I boil them first in baking soda water. I didn't like the baking soda taste so much. The second way I made them was buttered up. Yum)

I have no eggs. I have no flour. I do have new baking powder and backing soda. I am getting very low on my brown sugar. I have no powdered sugar, but don't use that in any of the above recipes, just thought I would throw that in there.



I wonder why baking makes me so happy? I don't think there is anything better than fresh baked items out of the oven. I LOVE that. I also love the idea that I am creating things from scratch. Wouldn't my grandpa be so proud? I didn't bake this past weekend because I had nothing to bake with and I was sad. I kept hoping someone would bring me cookies on Sunday and almost called a few people to ask them too(yes, I will do that!). But, I am still trying to fight the baby weight(Yes, I know Kathryn is over a year!) and it was probably a good thing no one did.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Yes, what is it about baking? Makes me really happy too! I love the process, I love the smells, and I definitely love eating it. Nothing better than fresh, homemade baked goods :) Call me anytime to bring you cookies!! I'm always looking for an excuse to bake, haha.

Emily Alder said...

We're out of flour at our house too, which is the only reason I'm not eating cookie dough for every meal.

I love baking, too. It's very comforting.

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Christy- you are one of those friends I would have called for sure!

Emily- comforting- that is what it is. Thanks for putting your finger on it. :o)

lindaharper said...

Do you want me to help you plan to build up some food storage! You need white wheat and a grinder and you could never run out!

Tonya said...

I think Linda Harper is on the right track there! I'm a carb addict. That is why I love baking:) As we speak I have vanilla cupcakes and YOUR amazing brownie recipe sitting on my kitchen counter. By the way, I have been replacing half the butter for applesauce and the brownies taste like they are missing none of the fat. Can I now consider them a health food?

Oyama Family said...

Megan, I NEED that pretzal recipe, they look D-LICOUS!! I too, am addicted to baking, it is just too fun! Check out the website foodgawker.com it rocks!