Today is a good place to be.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

56 days to go-- but who is counting?

Baby K is growing like a weed! And thus, so am I. I should start gaining about a pound a week-- half of it going to the baby-- where does the other half go? I think I know-- I am sitting on it. But amazingly enough she will gain a third to half of her birth weight until she is born. Wow! Her skin- that wonderfully soft sweet smelling baby skin- is smoothing out and she has peach fuzz on her head-- what color do you think? Leila came out dark, Nate came out light.


One thing that has always amazed me about pregnancy is some of the changes my body goes through. I was amazed to learn the Placenta(sorry Dan) is an actual organ. The only organ that is grown and discarded after use. I am also very fascinated with the fact my blood volume increases 40-50 %. That is a lot of extra blood. Too bad I can't donate some of it. And I really am amazed at how my organs cope with getting pushed out of the way. Of course, my bladder doesn't cope and I am up several times a night(training for Feb?) to relieve it-- and don't make me laugh if I haven't been in a while. Eeek! I am also quite short of breath these days thanks to my lungs being pushed up. So- everything seems to get by while being shoved out of the wy.


I have been having a lot of pain in my lower abdomen, along with my little braxton hicks that are getting more and more painful as I get bigger. All this is normal says my doctor. The pain in my back too which makes me hobble to the bathroom at night. Ugh. After we have a few babies our muscles are already stretched and the pains we feel are as a result to having been used before-- think of nylons or tights after a few uses-- only I can't just rinse out my stomach muscles and expect them to tighten back up.


OH WELL- All of this is for an amazing and wonderful end result. Our baby. And I am not complaining-- I am the first to admit I do not enjoy pregnancy, BUT, I do enjoy parts of it. A child, a pregnancy, a family is simply a miracle. I feel blessed beyond measure to be having one more child and would go through whatever I need to go through to be experiencing the wonderful feelings of her moving inside me, daydreaming about what she will look like when she is born , wondering how she will behave on the outside, and loving her so much already.


Oh, and she bonded with her Grandma Conser today-- I told her to say hi to her Grandma and kick her she did. She seems to be obedient so far... good girl.

No comments: