Today is a good place to be.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to AMY!

Happy Birthday Dear Sister!
A little bit about my sister who is three years and two months older than me:
She has an inner strength inside her that I do not believe anyone really knows how strong it really is, on several occasions that I will keep private I have seen this strength come thru.
She is smart and wants to excel, not just pass or be good at, all she does.(This annoys me who is very happy with just skating by.)
She is crafty: In the Arts(I am thinking scrapbooking, she always does an amazing job), In Business(not only has she worked for my dad for years, she has her own e-bay business, has wholesale contacts and a loyal customer base- this is a great and successful side business), In Raising her children(She comes up with ways to get them to help her out or behaving or keep taking naps way longer than I ever could).
She has a strong sense of what is right or wrong. This has gotten her into trouble because everyone knows if you stand up for what you believe in, you don't always make the most friends or become the most popular girl around.
She let me be an obnoxious Aunt to her children-- I wanted my own for so very long, that she let me take hers pretty much whenever I wanted. We had a blast and a lot of fun memories.
She is a wonderful mother. She had two wonderful children and found herself a single Mom. She raised them well for years and was fortunate enough to meet a nice mad and have two more wonderful children. She is patient with them and teaches them well, but she is also a normal mother and understands when I confess to her that I may have yelled too much, or turned on the TV one time too many the week before. Oh, and we had our baby boys 4 months apart-- that was fun!
She is my friend.
She put up with me when I was a bratty little sister.
She puts up with me now that I am an insecure mother, friend and wife.
Happy Birthday Big Sis. I love you.



She is always smiling!




Here Amy & I are holding our babies with our Dad and Grand-Dad Thanksgiving 2005.

No comments: