Today is a good place to be.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fort Clatsop

Before Hug Point, we went to Fort Clatsop on the coast.  It was pretty neat.  The kids were very anxious to get to the beach, but they humored us and allowed us some education time.


They rebuilt a fort that Lewis and Clark lived in.  The Rangers were dressed in time period wear.  I thought it was cool, the kids were a little nervous.  The older kids were, Kathryn loved it.


We got there in time for the games and recreation time when we played with actual toys and things the kids/adult men played with while there.


Then we went on a beautiful walk following the Lewis and Clark River.  It was a mile out and a mile back in.  The mile back in gave me a sleeping Kathryn in my arms, so I felt my exercise was earned that day! 




The kids took some photos-

Nathan took this photo- all I can say is:  What a boy!
I love this shot- Leila took it.  Its so interesting I think I might enlarge it and frame it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun adventure! Love the photos the kids took!

Tonya said...

Love the pictures! Is that bird poop in Nathans shot??? I just have to say that I really like Leila's shot and I think you should frame it.

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Yep- its bird poo.