Today is a good place to be.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cake.... and cupcakes....

My amazing neighbor and friend Erica took on the task of making my sister's wedding cake last week.  WOW!  She felt very confident when she accepted the job, but started doubting her abilities and skills as the wedding date loomed.  I was stressing along with her, but I kept cheering her on and was fortunate to see her in action, and like to think I even helped(by giving advice) a teeny-tiny-bit!

Erica was successful and handed me a perfect and beautiful cake on Saturday Morning.  She said:  I am placing this in your hands now.  YIKES!  I carried the cake on my lap with the AC on the whole way.  And it was beautiful- the Bride LOVED it and it got rave reviews by all those who saw it. 
Great job Erica!

We were concerned the cake wasn't big enough, so we(OK, Erica) did a side dish of cupcakes.  Everyone, including the bride loved these little guys!  All the kids wanted them long before the ceremony started(Kathryn tried to sneak one before the ceremony started.  Thankfully, mommy was watching and saved the cupcake!). 


Isn't life always better with cake... or its little sister... the cupcake?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The cake and cupcakes were great and very beautiful, I never doubted Erica's ability to do it. Thank you both very much.

Josh, Erica, Garrett, and Haylee said...

AWWWWW!! You guys are so sweet!! Was stressing out just a little bit!! I'm glad you like them Tamara and you're wedding looked like it was gorgeous!!