Today is a good place to be.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Last Day of Scool Celebration!

I am sure if you have been around the Conser home for the last year or so you have heard the discussion of the "Big Top Cupcake".  My kids saw the commercial and were relentless with their pleas to get us one!  A Big Top Cupcake is basically two cake pans, one in the shape of a cupcake bottom, and one in the shape of a cupcake top- you use one cake mix to bake one.
Fingers showing their new grade!

SO- my gift to the kids was a BTC Party!  I made them each their very own Big Top!  Nathan was thrilled- he told me he was going to smoosh his face into his!  That he did- check it out:


Leila's last week of school was good- except she was pretty sick.  She stayed home her last Friday and her last Monday.  Party in Reading(which is watching a movie-- how many movies do they watch that last week?) was on Tuesday so she refused my taking her temperature.  She went and had fun.  Wednesday night she was up in the middle of the night with ear pain.  I got her drops and got her back to sleep.  The next day, Thursday(last day), around 11:30 I get a call from her teacher.  Leila had been crying the past two hours, but was refusing to go to the office because she didn't want to leave school early.  So I dropped Kathryn off at my neighbors(thanks Erica!) and went down to talk to her.  She decided she didn't feel good enough to stay and it was OK if she went home, they had a little party(They watched a movie- the latest ice age).  So we got a frosty and she napped all afternoon.  Poor sweetheart.  She asked me if she would still get her very own Big Top since she came home from school early.  I said:  Absolutely!  You finished 1st grade, even if you came home early on the last day!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh my gosh, Megan, Nathan is hularious!! I didn't think he'd really do it since he hesitated. Jonathan was watching and he was like "You would never let me do that!". So there you go, you are an awesome mom for letting your son put his face in his cake!! Jonatahn is officially jealous :) And I loved how careful Leila was. Such a fun way to end the school year!